Q: Truck made a screeching sound and then warning lights came on

I was going down my driveway, rolling from a stop, and was driving less than 10 MPH. I let the clutch off in first gear, and I heard a screech (like a belt was slipping) and the oil light came on. I stopped and turned off the engine, and then smoke started coming out from under the hood. I looked under the hood, and a vacuum line had come off, so I put it back on. I started the engine back up, and the oil light went away, but it is idling around 1700 RPMs. Also, the check engine and Trac Off lights are on, and it is giving me these codes: P0011 "A" Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance (Bank 1); P0021 "A" Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance (Bank 2). What could be the cause?

A: Wow, Tacoma's are good trucks and yours...

Wow, Tacoma's are good trucks and yours is pretty new. I'm surprised to hear your story. Anyhow, the variable valve timing system in your vehicle is oil pressure dependent and the codes you found are related to valve timing. In addition, the timing chain in your truck uses hydraulic tensioners, which are also oil dependent. So, anything that results in low oil pressure could turn on your oil light and cause those codes to set. This includes anything from a low oil level, which would be my bet, to worn bearings or failed oil pump. I suggest you have a trained professional diagnose your vehicle's warning light codes to pinpoint the problem.