Q: Truck made a metalic squeal and will start but won't run

Serpentine belt's been squealing, then 2 days ago the truck started making a plastic, ticking sound. Parked the truck until I needed to start it today. It made a loud metallic squeal. I turned it off, waited about 60 seconds, then tried to start it again. It starts but won't run.

Hi there. It is possible not only that the serpentine belt need to be replaced, but the pulley’s as well. The metallic sound on start-up might be the alternator or the starter that has been damaged. I would recommend that you have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection.

3. Truck made a metalic squeal and will start but won't run