Q: Truck lost power when ignition turned off.

My truck didn't have any prior symptoms. I went to start the truck and the "battery was dead. I had a hard time jumping the vehicle and got it to start. I got home and turned it off and attempted to start again with negative results. The fuse box was making a clicking sound and I think it was the 5 pin fuse. I pulled it out and it stopped clicking. Any suggestions? I haven't tested the battery yet..

A no start diagnostic, performed by a certified Mechanic, will identify the root cause. The first to do is perform a load test on the battery once the battery is fully charged. If the battery fails the load test, that could explain the no start condition but, of course, even after you install a new battery you have to test the output of the charging system so that you can be sure that the new battery is being properly charged. If the new battery does not resolve the starting difficulty, and if that difficulty includes failure of the starter motor to operate, then the starter circuit, as well as starter motor, would have to be diagnosed. As far as which battery to get, "Consumer Reports" has very comprehensive ratings of car batteries and the best practice is to simply buy a recommended battery from their list. If you wish to arrange a no start diagnostic please visit YourMechanic’s website.

3. Truck lost power when ignition turned off.