Q: Truck lights not working

The truck lights aren't working. It's not the bulbs, but it could be in the steering column.

A: If the bulbs are good, the problem could be...

If the bulbs are good, the problem could be with the power circuit. The circuit involves the fuse, a relay and the switch. Any of those components will keep the lights from working. Electrical issues can be troublesome to diagnose. If the fuse is blown, that usually means a short to ground. Shorts are when a wire that has battery voltage touches ground. When this happens, the fuse is blown so the wire does not melt. A relay is a sort of like an electrical bridge that delivers power to the lights when you turn the switch on. These can go bad. Relays require the use of a volt meter and a power probe to check. The switch is the last thing. It is what usually fails besides bulbs because it is used every time we drive in the evening. Sometimes if the switch is bad, the dash lights or interior lights will not work either. Some specialty tools and wiring schematics may be required for the diagnosis. I recommend having a qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, help you diagnose your lights issue and have the appropriate repairs made.