Q: Truck keeps stalling and won't start

My truck keeps stalling and won't start the other day on my way to work my truck stalled out on the highway I had it towed to my house where I went and changed all of the spark plugs and wires and still won't start I also cleaned the throttle body and Maf sensor and still nothing sometimes I here a popping sound coming out of the the air intake of the end of my exhaust could this be a bad coil or converter I u plugged the sensor on the Maf sensor to see if that was bad but my idle never increased it will run for bout 15 min then truck will shut off and then have to wait a few min before it will start back up

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. A vehicle that c...

Hi, thanks for writing in. A vehicle that cranks normally but doesn’t start generally indicates a lack of spark or fuel. The first thing to do is check for diagnostic trouble codes as these codes serve as starting point for any further trouble shooting. Then, check for both fuel pressure and spark using a fuel pressure gauge and inline spark tester, respectively. If everything is good there, you’ll want to check for injector pulse using a noid light. The problem could be anything from a failed fuel pump to a bad crank sensor, so I suggest you have a professional diagnose this problem for you. YourMechanic is an excellent option as we come to your home or office.