Q: Truck keeps heating up

I will add water and the next day it is overheating again. This keeps happening every couple of days. The water doesnt leak thru it just evaporates and the check engine light comes on.

Hi There, it may seem a bit obvious or redundant, however you will want to check the radiator cap to be sure it has the proper seal in place and is in good shape. Often times a faulty radiator cap can allow a fair amount of coolant to escape simply due to evaporation and steam. Additionally, you will want to check radiator and all hoses to be sure there are no visible leaks anywhere in the engine bay or under the truck. Also, you will need to check to see if you see any white smoke in the exhaust or smell anything sweet (i.e. the smell of coolant). i would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your truck to determine what may be causing this overheating to happen.

3. Truck keeps heating up