Q: Truck just quit while driving

93 ford ranger 2.3l manual no fuel no spark and tried to check for codes service light wont flash . Has power to coils and bypass the the feul relay it pumps fuel but still dont start. Ignition has power also.

A: With key in run position, the fuel pump sho...

With key in run position, the fuel pump should run momentarily to build pressure and then shut off. If the pump does run momentarily, preliminarily you can assume the fuel pump is supplying fuel. If the pump does not run momentarily at key on, but you know the fuel pump works by directly powering it, simply trace the control circuit on the relay to find the fault. If the ignition coil is getting power but you have no spark at the plugs, then there is something wrong with the ignition control module, the coil itself, the distributor pick up coil, the cap, rotor, or secondary wiring. Once you get the fuel and ignition system working, if the engine still doesn’t start, check cylinder compression as something could have gone wrong with the timing belt which would of course cause a no start condition. If you desire, a certified professional dispatched by YourMechanic could perform a no start diagnostic and then let you know of the required repairs and the cost.