Q: Truck is idling poorly

Truck idles rough now. When stoping try to surge forward surges in reverse also put in neutral runs better but not correct. Auto zone code reader said to clean maf sensor I did and was careful not to break wires, but still runs same. Took -battery side off for 30 minutes this did not help either. Do I need new maf sensor ? 2 years ago mechanic said it was coil packs changed not much better now worse.

A: The problem with auto parts stores' cod...

The problem with auto parts stores' code scanners is that they don't accurately download most ancillary error codes, or the technician completing the scan is not trained on how to effectively complete this task. Usually idle issues are caused by the idle control valve or fuel injectors, throttle body components that are dirty and need to be cleaned. Before you spend any more money on parts or chasing a diagnosis, you should have a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose what is causing your engine to idle rough so they can recommend the correct repairs.