Q: Truck has lost a lot of power.

When driving, it feels as if the truck does not have as much power. It feels as if I am forcing it.

A: All the parts of an engine are slowly weari...

All the parts of an engine are slowly wearing, and we don’t really notice a problem if its getting slowly worse until it becomes a problem. When was the last time a tuneup was done? Have a certified mechanic inspect the distributor cap and rotor, spark plugs and wires, if that all checks ok look at fuel pressure while under those driving conditions if fuel pressure drops while your driving suspect the fuel pressure regulator, clogged fuel filter, pinched fuel pressure line or faulty fuel pump. If all of that checks out start looking into the driveline and make sure nothing is binding, something like a clogged up master cylinder could be applying the brakes constantly and make it feel like engine trouble.