Q: Truck has began stalling from the air filter. Recently replaced it an hour ago and seems to still stall at 2600rpm

Last night I told my friend whole I was replacing my front passenger stabilizer link to check my air filter . He did and in the process he washed it with a hose then threw it in the dryer for 20 min I figured this out this morning since the hose is in the back yard and I didn't know he took it and washed it hence I was under the wheel hub removing the old stabilizer link which in turn was rusted on so I was in the process of heating it to get it off which caused my attention to be else where, I drove roughly 1/4 a mile with the bad air filter that was damp and crushed when I pulled it out to check why I stalled out almost down the road. After I used MY car. Not risking my truck and got a new one it still seems to stall or lose power around 2600 rpms should I clean and take apart the air and throttle body areas of my f150 or will it fix itself if I let it run . I'd rather have the advice instead of take alot of time up since my job is demanding .

A: You should have the engine scanned to see i...

You should have the engine scanned to see if the mass airflow sensor (MAF) was damaged from the water or debris from the air filter. The MAF has a hot and cold internal sensor and can get damaged from excessive water and debris that get by the air filter. Another problem is oil bath type air filters can contaminate the MAF with oils used on these filters. You should have a mechanic check the vehicle for loss of power and possible problems with the MAF. [https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/loss-of-power-inspection] The air filter should be replaced with a dry type filter and the MAF cleaned to see if it helps or the MAF needs replaced.