Q: Truck got stuck above 5k RPMs 2002 Nissan Frontier

My truck would idle weirdly, but recently it got stuck above 5k RPMs when I was driving down the freeway. Had to shut it off on neutral. Waited a min or so to turn it back on and did the same thing. Tends to happen after 30 mins or so of driving

Hi there - check for problem codes first, whether the Check Engine light is illuminated or not. The failure of the throttle to back off could be a mechanical problem (throttle return spring broken), or an electronic problem with the throttle position sensor(failed). Any problem codes present could speed diagnosis. I recommend a throttle surging inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Truck got stuck above 5k RPMs 2002 Nissan Frontier