Q: Truck got stuck above 5k RPMs 2002 Nissan Frontier

My truck would idle weirdly, but recently it got stuck above 5k RPMs when I was driving down the freeway. Had to shut it off on neutral. Waited a min or so to turn it back on and did the same thing. Tends to happen after 30 mins or so of driving

Hi there - check for problem codes first, whether the Check Engine light is illuminated or not. The failure of the throttle to back off could be a mechanical problem (throttle return spring broken), or an electronic problem with the throttle position sensor(failed). Any problem codes present could speed diagnosis. I recommend a throttle surging inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.