Q: Truck died. Tried restarting, turned rapidly, waited for a few and it turned over normally and started. 2008 Chevrolet Silverado

Going down highway and truck died. Tried to resart. Turned over really rapidly not like normal. Tried several times and it would be really rapidly like no compression. Waited few turned over regular 3/4 of turn and started as usual. Why? Is this some sort of sign that something is going out?

Hello there. You may have a camshaft or crankshaft sensor that is going out. Try and scan the computer to see if there are codes stored to see if problem can be diagnosed. The vehicle may have wire connection issues to one or more computer modules that would need to be disconnected and dielectric lube put in them to stop corrosion on the small pins and sockets. If you would like to have this taken care of, a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, can come to your car’s location to inspect the stalling issue for diagnosis and repair.

3. Truck died. Tried restarting, turned rapidly, waited for a few and it turned over normally and started. 2008 Chevrolet Silverado