Q: Truck cranks but won't start

I was driving and my truck just died. Thought I ran out of gas because gauge doesn't read right. Put gas in tank cranked but won't start. Sprayed ether in carb, nothing. I can hear the fuel pump. Checked fuses. Crank sensor? Truck was not running rough before this. Just happened like it ran out of gas, but it has fuel and should have fired with ether. What other possible things can it be?

A: Your ignition system may have failed leadin...

Your ignition system may have failed leading to not having spark. The system should be checked to see if you have spark getting to the spark plugs. If you do not have any spark then you may have a bag ignition coil, module, or cap and rotor. If you have good spark then your fuel pump may not be putting out enough fuel pressure and would need to be checked. I recommend having the system checked by a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to inspect the spark and fuel pressure and determine why your truck will not start.