Q: Truck cranks but couldn't start

I was wondering what could be the problem with my truck. It's been sitting for a long while and I drove it just a couple of times in the last year. Lately, I couldn't drive it at all, as it would run very shortly, like a minute or so, and then just die out. I tried to restart it, and there would be cranking but no start up. What should I do?

Hello. Thanks for writing in about your 2000 Chevrolet Express 2500. It sounds like the glow plugs have burned out or that there is a lack of fuel getting to the engine. In diesel engines, failed fuel injectors are common. Any or all of these problems will cause a stall, no start, or start and then dying engine condition. Have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come out to diagnose your car’s stalling issue and make the necessary repairs.

3. Truck cranks but couldn't start