Q: Truck cranks but couldn't start

I was wondering what could be the problem with my truck. It's been sitting for a long while and I drove it just a couple of times in the last year. Lately, I couldn't drive it at all, as it would run very shortly, like a minute or so, and then just die out. I tried to restart it, and there would be cranking but no start up. What should I do?

A: Hello. Thanks for writing in about your 200...

Hello. Thanks for writing in about your 2000 Chevrolet Express 2500. It sounds like the glow plugs have burned out or that there is a lack of fuel getting to the engine. In diesel engines, failed fuel injectors are common. Any or all of these problems will cause a stall, no start, or start and then dying engine condition. Have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come out to diagnose your car’s stalling issue and make the necessary repairs.