Q: Truck clicks, but doesn't start

My truck will not start. It is clicking when I turn the key, but will not crank up. I have tried to jump it, but that did not seem to help.

Sounds like you may have a problem with the starter itself. The fact that it is clicking tells us that the switch and all of the necessary inputs are there and the starter is being triggered doesn’t turn. One thing you can do is take a hammer and lightly tap the end of the starter while someone is trying to start it. If it starts, then we know it’s the starter that’s faulty. Another way is to take a voltmeter and check the voltages to see how well the battery is functioning. My suggestion would be to have a mechanic inspect your car’s starter system to diagnose the no-start condition.

3. Truck clicks, but doesn't start