Q: Truck burning oil

My truck burns oil when first started and when you accelerate quickly.

A: If you are getting black smoke blowing out ...

If you are getting black smoke blowing out of your exhaust and you are using oil, then you are getting oil into the combustion chamber. The oil can get in through two ways. Firstly, oil can be leaking past the valve seals and is getting sucked into the chamber through the intake valve. Another possibility is that the piston oil control rings are allowing oil to pass through them and into the chamber. The engine may have one or both of these issues, which would need to be checked for an excessive blow by or a clog in the crankcase vent system. I recommend having a qualified mechanic come and check the engine in order to fix your burning oil problem.