Q: Truck barely wants to move in 2 hi

My truck is in 2hi but when I put it in drive it barely wants to move and makes the front-end vibrate. But when I drop it in 4hi it takes right off.

Hello. It sounds like you have a transfer case that is failing. It may only be transferring power to the front wheels which will cause these symptoms to occur. I usually drain the fluid from the transfer case and inspect it for metal meaning that it is failing. It can also be a transmission failure, but most of the time that would affect every position that the transfer case is put into. This type of issue is best left to a transmission specialist to diagnose and repair.

3. Truck barely wants to move in 2 hi