Q: Truck alarm prevents truck from starting.

The truck won't start and the alarm has been set off. This has happened several times in the past two years. The valet switch isn't overriding the alarm. I've tried holding it down for two seconds, let go of the switch and hold it down for another two seconds with the key in the ON position. I've read through the manual several times and I don't know where to go from here. This has been incredibly frustrating. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

If this is for an aftermarket alarm problem then hold button in and then turn on the key at the same time. Hold for 5 seconds and see if alarm is turned off. If it is still on with small blinking light the you will need to remove the system and put wiring back to original connections.

3. Truck alarm prevents truck from starting.