Q: Truck accelerating slowly.

My vehicle is shifting gears (I assume) while accelerating harder than normal. It takes longer for my truck to get up to speed, and it also makes a loudish revving noise when I accelerate. RPM while vehicle is stopped is less than 1×1000. What could be the issues?

A: Hey there. This may be a sign of a faulty t...

Hey there. This may be a sign of a faulty transmission control solenoid. Modern automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car's computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose the acceleration problem and determine exactly what needs to be done.