Q: Trouble starting

Recently started doing this. I will go to push the start button and it does not start. It only goes to power on mode. If I wiggle the shifter and then go to push the button it does start. I have had the battery, starter and alternator checked and all are good.

A: Hello. From the symptoms you describe it wo...

Hello. From the symptoms you describe it would appear that you may possibly be having an issue with the neutral safety switch. The neutral safety switch is a switch in the transmission that keeps the vehicle from starting when in gear. The fact that the vehicle will start after moving the shifter tells me that the neutral safety switch may be the issue. A certified mobile mechanic from YourMechanic can replace the neutral safety switch at your home or office.