Q: Trouble starting after fueling up

I have a 2005 lincoln town car. When I fuel the car up (no matter how empty or full) it has trouble starting. Once it starts it idols rough then levels out. Any other time it starts right up and drives fine. What is causing this?

It is possible that your fuel pump could be weak. When you fill your tank up with fuel it may cause the [fuel pump]https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/fuel-pump-replacement) to malfunction for a short period of time. I would reocmmend having your fuel pump and its wiring inspected for possible damages. I would also recommend having your fuel system checked for any restrictions that may exist such as a clogged fuel filter. The issue you are experiencing may be due to multiple factors all coming together to cause that issue. The best thing to do would be to have a complete fuel system inspection performed by a qualified professional. Consider YourMechanic as this inspection can be completed at your home or office.

3. Trouble starting after fueling up