Q: Trouble shoot break down when my engine starts back up after 30 minutes or more.

My Accent CRDi so far runs 2,23,459 kms. I have done service in every 10000 km without any fail. Only physically damages and rare maintenance caused by weak of the shock absorber or other bushes are the problems i need to resolved. Apart from that the vehicle is a part of my life. Since last couple of weeks I was in trouble with the vehicle the reason is unknown to me and to the service team too. Car break down frequently without any warnings in between running or while stops in neutral position. There are no warning indications in the meter, no rise in temperature too. Coolant is full, battery is good, fan is working, radiator is full, even the service team clean the diesel tank twice. Still the reason is unknown to us. If stops during running, after 30 minutes or more sometimes it starts or may need to push heavily and it gets starts. Can you help me out of this

A: Hi there. If you are having an issue with ...

Hi there. If you are having an issue with your vehicle shutting off and not restarting up until 30 minutes or more, then there could be an issue with the security system, battery, or an electrical short. Check to see if the security light is flashing when the engine will not start up. If the security light is flashing, then there could be an issue with the security system or the ignition switch could have a faulty lock. If the security is working normal, then check the battery cables and make sure that they are good and tight. If the battery cables are tight, then there could be a short in the wiring to the crankshaft position sensor or the fuel pump. Check the crankshaft position sensor for the wiring harness connection and make sure that the wiring is not shorted or broken. If there is nothing wrong with the crankshaft position sensor, then when the engine will not start up, turn the key off and back on to see if the fuel pump is operating. If you do not hear the pump working, then put a fuel pressure gauge on the fuel rail and see if there is any pressure as you turn on the key. If there is no pressure, then the fuel pump is not turning on. Check the fuel pump relay and see if the relay is shorting to ground causing the circuit to shut off. A relay will disconnect when it gets hot and then reconnect when it cools down. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from Your Mechanic, that can assist you with your vehicle shutting down then not restarting up after 30 minutes.