Q: trouble getting car out of 1st gear , sometimes into 1sr gear aswell

i have a hyundai i20 2010, while driving in traffic for about 1hour. when i am in 1st gear and about to change into 2nd, the gear stick becomes difficult to move out of gear, if i release the clutch pedal and engage it immediately again then the gear stick comes out of 1st with ease. the gearbox was replace at about 71488 Miles. what could be the problem? the place that replaced the gearbox doesnt want to fix it because they say they cant see to find a problem.

Hi there. Typically this issue is caused by a malfunction within the clutch system. In some cases, it can be as simple as the clutch pedal being out of alignment or needing to be adjusted. Sometimes however, it can be an internal component; such as a master or slave cylinder that is not fully engaging. I would recommend having a professional mobile mechanic come to your location if possible to complete a car is hard to shift inspection first. This will allow the mechanic to find the source of your issue and recommend the right repairs be completed.

3. trouble getting car out of 1st gear , sometimes into 1sr gear aswell