Q: Trouble finding the VAG COM security code.

I have a vag com and i can't find the 7 digit code for the security access.

Hello, thanks for writing in. The 7 digit security code that you require can be found on the original key tags, that came with the original keys when the vehicle was new. It is a dealer generated code that is unique to your vehicle’s security transponder.

If you do not have that tag, then you will need to use VAG COM to retrieve the code, as dealerships will not be able to give you the code due to security reasons. Specific directions for how to retrieve the code will need to be sourced from the VAG COM software operation manual, or website.

If you are unsure, I would recommend having the vehicle inspected by a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, or shop that specializes in security systems and programming.