Q: Q: Car does not start

My battery terminal was very corroded. So I proceeded to scrape off the corrosion when thete were sparks. So I replaced the old battery with a née one and my car still won't start. I have lights, radio, heat, what could be wrong? A fuse or maybe changing the battery terminals. Please help!

If you have power to your accessories such as the radio, heater, etc. this suggests that your terminals are providing good connection from the battery. The no starting issue may be related to a faulty starter relay. The starter relay directs power from the battery to the starter solenoid which then engages the starter when you turn the key. When this is not working properly, you may notice intermittent starting problems as you describe. Generally, when this does fail, it does so very randomly and usually without warning other than intermittent starting. The power from the battery will still power other accessories such as radio, horn, etc., but you may not have any power to the starter. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and replace your starter relay.

3. Q: Car does not start