Q: Tried all possible ways of checking to see where the problem exist... can't find it...it probably a short but the D light blinks

Changed the solenoid with used part then the light went away...then came back so I cleaned the entire solenoid screens...then fluid...then it went away...for a while...then came back ...but whats the weird thing is I played with the key switch and it went away... For a while...then again...so I checked the relay for the Key switch then changed it out and it went away for a little bit...but it came back on...the lights started flashing and inside I was told it was the alternator so I changed it now the lights don't blink ...or flash...but the blinking D light still exists...please help me find the issue...with a electrical short...

A: Hello and thank you for contacting Your Mec...

Hello and thank you for contacting Your Mechanic. The drive light (D light) is coming on from the transmission range sensor. The sensor on the transmission tells the computer what gear the transmission is currently in. When the sensor fails, the D light will flash or an engine light will come on with a code. I recommend replacing the transmission range sensor. If you need assistance with troubleshooting your wiring, then seek out a professional, preferably a professional from YourMechanic to help you with your electrical issue.