Q: Tried adding refrigerant and it wouldn't take any

When I turn it on heat but not max a/c it blows heat no cold air at all when I tried adding refrigerant the gauge didn't move I don't know what's wrong.

A: Hello. Air conditioning systems on newer ca...

Hello. Air conditioning systems on newer cars, trucks, and SUV's are incredibly complex. However, the issue you're describing may be caused by a high pressure or low pressure hose that is damaged or leaking. When the hose is clogged or obstructed, it can cause problems in filling refrigerant. The issue can also be caused by the filler caps on the low pressure side (which is where you should be filling refrigerant). If you have access to a AC manifold tester, hook that up and test the pressure inside the unit and try to find a leak in the lines. If you don't, contact one of YourMechanic's local technicians and they can replace the high pressure hose or low pressure hose for you.