Q: Q: Transmissions

I have a 97 4wd Tahoe 3rd gear went out so I got a tranny out of a 2wd 97 Tahoe can i remove the tail peice and bolt on the transfer case or do I need to change the shaft? Or what's the best option for me

You should be able to strip down the new transmission to the point where it looks the same as the one that is coming out. Any differences will need to be addressed before the transmission is installed. Driveshaft length will need to be verified as well. It may be a good idea, if the transfer case is already removed, to mate up the transmission and transfer case outside of the vehicle to ensure compatability.

3. Q: Transmissions