Q: Transmission swapped and gears don't work

I had transmission problems on my truck so I decided to have it replaced. Following the advice someone gave me, I put the transmission from the 2005 Chevy Tahoe. My vehicle had 4L60-E transmission and although everything seemed to be in place when we swapped them, when we turned the truck on it just wouldn't go into any gear. There seemed to be no contact. Is this an issue related to computer or an electrical problem? Is it the transmission?

The 4L60-E should be interchangeable from vehicle to vehicle so this is more likely an electrical issue. Fuses to the powertrain and transfer case shift module need to be checked and any faults should be read out. Also, inspect the wiring to ensure the wiring harnesses have not been pinched. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who can survey the faults to diagnose your gear shifting issue.

3. Transmission swapped and gears don't work