Q: Transmission swap to 400 turbo

I am going to swap a 400turbo into my 90 c1500 the tranny ha a ct-69 plate on it. Does that mean it is 1969? And if so will it work in my 1990

A: Hi there: The vehicle identification codes...

Hi there:

The vehicle identification codes on a GM product like the Turbo 400 transmission you’re looking at indicate three things. The GT indicates the application of the transmission; in this case Chevy Truck. The 69 indicates the manufacturing year; 1969 as you’ve guessed. The last numbers will indicate the serial number of production. You might want to have a professional mobile mechanic inspect this transmission to determine if it’s rebuilt and in good condition and if it will work with your 1990 C1500; as without verifying bolt patterns, flywheel and torque converter set up; it’s not possible for us to give you a yes or no answer on whether it will work.