Q: transmission speed sensor

i changed the transmission speed sensor and im still having the same issues as before..the speedometer shut on and off ..the car shifts ok...i know the part is not defected and car has been diagnostic transmission speed sensor..i would like to know what else could it be..thank you

What you’re describing seems more like a problem with the speedometer cable and housing. The cable that attaches to the sensor and then to the speedometer in the dash has multiple opportunities to become damaged. The first thing I’d do is check the connections on both sides, from the speedometer and the sensor. If the issue continues, replace the cable and housing, as that’s probably what’s causing the speedometer problem on your 98 Toyota Avalon.

If you need help getting this fixed, consider contacting a certified mechanic who can diagnose your speedometer problem and confirm my suspicions. The mechanic can then make the necessary repairs to your vehicle once this is done.