Q: Transmission slipping on a 2006 Camry LE

2006 Camry LE 2.4 engine. It runs good but seems like the tranny is starting to slip before it goes in first gear. It is an automatic.

Firstly, change the fluid, change the screen, and add in the new fluid. Leave out one quart of the fluid and pour one quart of Lucas automatic transmission to fix the slipping. A lot of times, this will stop the slipping. Give it a try, give it 250 miles of driving, and if it gets better, great, problem solved. If it doesn’t, this means you are going to need a rebuild some time in the future. If you want to have a professional check this, a technician from YourMechanic can diagnose your slipping transmission at your home or office.