Q: Transmission slipping and pulls left and right - 2006 Mercedes Benz CLS500

The mileage on my car is around 108,000. The transmission has been slipping, so I drove my car to the dealer. I have been to them six times because of this transmission slipping and also because the front end of my car is pulling to the left and the right. Plus, my vehicle will lurch while I’m driving between 40 - 50 mph. I also need to retrieve a keyless remote from them. To discuss about the transmission slipping, they told me it is due to a software failure, but they don’t have that kind of software so they can not perform the repair. Would you please give me your advice of solutions for my car?

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. There is a...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. There is an internal speed sensor on this transmission that has been problematic for Mercedes Benz. It is corrected when under warranty, and there are numerous cases where the MB dealer handled this as a "Goodwill" repair when not under warranty. I would check with a different MB dealer, or call MB Customer Service for a better answer than you received earlier.