Q: Transmission slip

When I am driving my 2010 Hyundai Elantra Gls with 34,000 miles, I get though first gear nicely, then if I rec second up and take my foot of the peddle going into third gear then press back down the transmission slips, revving the engine then getting back into gear. This has sometimes caused my car to not go when I press the accelerator which is very dangerous.

This is a common issue related to the Hyundai Elantra, especially in the 2010 year. There are several issues related to this that can cause this problem. Some of them are problems with the oil temperature sensor, transmission wiring harness, faulty valve body cover gasket, and a few others. I would suggest taking the vehicle to the dealer to see if the transmission is still covered under warranty. If not, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home and diagnose the issue with your slipping gears for an accurate repair.

3. Transmission slip