Q: Q: transmission question

Im not sure but i think i am having clutch issues. when the transmission is in neutral, there is a grinding noise. when i apply the clutch pedal all the way to the floor, this grinding noise stops. The pickup is drivable and will shift through all the gears going down the road. also, sometimes the transmission gets stuck in gear while in neutral. also, When in the neutral postion, i let the clutch out and it tries to engage.

If you’re put the transmission in neutral but letting the clutch out causes the car to move forward, that means there is either something wrong with the gear shift linkage, that is the gear shift linkage is not actually putting the transmission in neutral as required, or there is something wrong with the transmission internally such that it is not shifting to neutral on command (through the shifter). This can be determined through an on-site inspection. I would suggest setting up either a noise on shifting inspection or a hard to shift inspection. Scheduling either will result in a certified Mechanic coming to your location who will diagnose this failure and explain the required repairs. If it is a linkage issue, that should be fairly straightforward to resolve. Coincident with this diagnostic, do check the fluid level in the manual transmission. Low fluid probably doesn’t account for the difficulty you are having but good to check level at this time anyway while this issue is before you. If fluid turns out to be low, of course checks for leaks.

3. Q: transmission question