Q: Transmission problems

Had a new clutch installed at a local shop it was fine for 3 months, now the petal goes to floor with ease like it won't disengage the clutch. And the clutch is holding the car still on a hill with the shifter in gear. Any idea where to start?

A: This sounds like it could be one of two iss...

This sounds like it could be one of two issues: a faulty shift cable or slave cylinder, depending on whether you have mechanical or hydraulic clutch. I would recommend taking your vehicle back to the shop that installed your clutch, and have it inspected. It is likely, being that it has only been 3 months, that your clutch is still under warranty. I wouldn’t think that the cause of the issue is not workmanship related, therefore, when the cause of the issue is found, it will likely be of no cost to you. But if you would like other help in the future, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.