Q: Q: Transmission problems

When I take my car out of park in put it in drive, it give me a delayed engagement. It takes a minute for the car to take off. It also do the same in 2nd gear but it drives better in 2nd gear. If I'm driving in first gear after 35 mph I heard a rattling noise and the car begins to shake a little. I had the fluids Change a month ago. Someone added transx to it, but it made it worst by rattling and shaking, because it wasn't do that before the transx got added. All it was doing was delayed engagement.

Hello.

From what you describe it would appear that your vehicle is experiencing serious transmission issues. Delayed engagement accompanied with shaking is a common sign that the transmission may be worn. If the transmission clutches, the torque converter, or the valve body wear out, they can cause the transmission to slip. A transmission that is slipping may take longer than normal to engage, and may shake, or even slip out of gear if it has trouble locking up. If other issues began after adding the TransX then it may be possible that the additive actually made the problem worse. As the issue already seems to be progressed pretty far along I would recommend having a transmission specialist look at the vehicle to determine what the best course of action may be.

Regards,

Eduardo YourMechanic

3. Q: Transmission problems