Q: transmission problems?

My 2003 mustang mach 1 with a automatic transmission when put in D/drive will not accelerate but it will rev up and the gauges work. When it's first turned on it will drive on D but whats it tries to get into 2nd gear it wont accelerate any more. The only way i can drive it is when i turn off over drive then it will drive perfectly fine but sometimes it'll have a late reaction when i press on the gas. What is wrong with my car? Do i just need a transmission flush? Or is one of my solenoid bad? A detailed answer will help a lot thanks.

You will need to have the transmission diagnosed and tested for leaking valve body or solenoid for the OD (overdrive). A pressure test by a qualified transmission mechanic should detect what is leaking or bad in your situation. Most problems would occur in the valve body and solenoids.