Q: Transmission problem?

when i put my jeep into drive and start to go it will go in 1st and 2nd gear and when its got to change to the next 3rd gear its like it goes into neutral and the motor just revs up it started yesterday going down the road about 55-60 mph had to drive it in 2nd gear to get home,the fluid level is were its supposed to be while its hot,i can see were it looks like it is leaking some fluid looks like around the pan and the fluid is dark but could this be a sensor or something making it not go into 3rd gear or just the transmission is going out,revers works normal so does 1st and 2nd. Number on transmission 45RFE

This may be a sign of low transmission fluid or a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take the car for a test drive to more specifically determine the cause for this.

3. Transmission problem?