Q: Q: Transmission problem

My 08 ford taurus sel 3.5 everytime you crank it up it shifts just fine and drive just fine but when you stop it won't move at all until you shut it off wait a few mins then start it back up plus it's making a whining noise what could be the problem

Hello. The whining noise could be a symptom of a problem with the torque converter in the transmission. If the transmission is in gear and at any point (whether from a standing start or at speed) is not shifting or engaged to move the vehicle, there is either an electronic (control circuits), hydraulic or mechanical fault with the transmission. A Mechanic would initially do a road test to get an idea of the "extent" of the problem and probably some pressure tests on the transmission, using gauges. YourMechanic could give you a diagnosis of the shifting and an explanation of the repair options if that is your desire. Hope this helps.

3. Q: Transmission problem