Q: Transmission mount

Hello. Could you tell me how can I inspect the transmission mount? I want to make sure if the car's jerky shifting is a result of a bad tranny mount or not. For the engine mount, I know we can give it some gas while pressing brake pedal and see the engine movement, but I don't know how to check the transmission mount. Thabk you in advance

Hello. The best way is to do a visual check and look for any cracks or sagging of the rubber in the mount. Putting the vehicle on a lift may help to see it better. The motor mounts are checked by power braking in forward and then reverse to see if the engine lifts up, indicating a mount is broken. If the engine mounts are bad, then the transmission will sag and may break, so a replacement should be done. A certified mobile mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to replace the mounts.