Q: Transmission leak - 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

I notice there is a small leak (small drop) under my car it seems its coming from the transmission gear box. However it only seams to leak when the car is running, have checked when parked and it doesn't seem to leak as much. I have checked the transmission oil and there doesn't seem to be a problem. Transmission seems to shift smoothly. What would you think is the problem?

A: This is not uncommon for the transmission t...

This is not uncommon for the transmission to leak only when the car is running. This usually occurs when there is hydraulic pressure inside the transmission, which happens when the engine is running. When the leak is very small, enough hydraulic pressure may cause it to leak when pressure is applied to the leak area.

I would recommend having an expert, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose your transmission leak and suggest the needed repairs.