Q: Transmission issues

I all of the sudden had transmission issues with no warning signs. The fluid does look like it needs to be changed though. My vehicle will not go into any gear. Could this possibly be something with the shifter cable/linkage? Or bad solenoids? With it being so sudden I am hoping it's not the transmission going out. Thanks in advance!

Hello, thank you for writing in. There can be many reasons more this issue. The vehicle would have to be inspected to determine the cause. This possibly could be a mechanical failure internally with transmission. It would require some special tools to diagnosis. Electrical failures have a default that would allow this type of transmission to still move in a limited way. Here at YourMechanic, we can have a technician come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest the necessary repairs.

3. Transmission issues