Q: Q: Transmission issues

I have a 2000 bmw 528i and on Saturday when i went to drive it I noticed that the car was sifting hard so i took it home and parked it later that afternoon when I started it and put it in reverse it barely moves nor does it move in drive, 2, 3, 4, or 5 so I don't know if the transmission is bad or if i have a bad sensor, thanks for the help

Hi There, This may be a result of low transmission fluid or potentially a faulty transmission control module. A faulty transmission control module may cause a delay in acceleration or erratic shifting of gears. The transmission control module has various sensors such as vehicle speed sensors, wheel speed sensors, throttle position sensors, turbine speed sensor, and transmission fluid temperature sensors that all direct information to it in order for it to perform it’s function. Other functions controlled by the TCM are components such as a kick down switch, traction control system, and cruise control module. Any of these may also affect the way the transmission control module performs and controls the transmission and the shifting of your vehicle. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your location to properly diagnose your transmission problem.

3. Q: Transmission issues