Q: Transmission issue, cannot be put into park

My van has developed some transmission issues lately and won't shift into park. I have to start the van in neutral and then put it in drive. I would then pull off the linkage and shift into park so that I could take the key out of the ignition. After I put the linkage back on, it still wouldn't shift into park. What could be the problem?

A: Hello, thanks for writing in about your 200...

Hello, thanks for writing in about your 2002 Dodge Ram 1500. It sounds like you may have a misadjusted or worn shift linkage cable. However, there is a safety recall (G28- Ignition/Park shift interlock) Chrysler Dodge implemented for this as a similar problem. The issue you are having may be fixed under warranty.