Q: Q: Transmission issue

My maxima will crank and go into gear doesn't stick or anything. It will go into all gears even reverse so that's the confusing part. We was told it needed a transmission. But the car will fire right up and drive and cranks smoothly and drives smoothly but once it gets hot it cuts off. What could be the issue?

The transmission in the 2005 Nissan Maxima has had many complaints for shifting issues from other owners and there are no known fixes yet for the problems you are having. There are lawsuits and investigations going on with Nissan that I cannot comment on. You may have a transmission that cannot be fixed until Nissan comes up with a fix and you may need to file a complaint with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) to get any action done. In the meantime, you could have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, come and diagnose why your car is cutting off to make sure your issue is not some other problem and not your transmission.

3. Q: Transmission issue