Q: Transmission issue 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

2008 chev Silverado 1500 4x4 4L60E . Truck shifts first and second when shifts to third it's like it goes into neutral , high revs no speed . Is this limp home mode ? Have changed fluid filter and two shift solenoids . First test drive after this it shifted all the way thought it was good then seemed to be as soon as the fluid got hot it slipped again and only had first and second . Internal problem ?

Your transmission may have a defective forward sprag unit inside the transmission that needs replaced. Have the transmission mechanic follow technical bulletin 08-07-30-027 that the manufacturer put out in 2008. There is a list of failed parts and procedures that need to be followed. You may need a complete overhaul of the transmission in addition to the bulletin repairs. I recommend having this checked out by your local dealer in order to have this corrected appropriately.