Q: Transmission gears out

I mistakenly used Dexron 5 instead of the required Mercon 5. 2 days later all my forward gears went out completely, only reverse works. Is this issue related with the transmission fluid, if so will a transmission flush fix this issue. If unrelated, any suggestions on what it might be? Thank you for your time.

The use of the incorrect fluid can bet part of the problem but I doubt it is the cause of no forward gears at all. You may be real low on fluid or have internal problems with valve body or pressure regulator inside transmission. I would recommend having the level checked first to see if it is low on transmission fluid and if not then have transmission pressure tested by transmission mechanic like one from YourMechanic to verify an internal valve body issue.

3. Transmission gears out