Q: transmission flush

how can you tell if the transmission oil needs a flush? is it the color?

Hello. A transmission flush is usually required when the fluid has become excessively dirty or contaminated. Dirty transmission fluid will appear a dark red, brown, or even black color, depending on how dirty it is. Other things to look for when checking the fluid are its smell and texture. Finally, check the fluid to see if it smells burned, or if it shows any traces of metal shavings, as that could be clues as to something else that may be happening. If you find that you need a transmission fluid service, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to perform this task.