Q: Transmission fluid sensor has a higher reading than what is the actual amount

I've check the fluid several times and it keeps show 3 times more than it suppose to be i drain 30 ounces already and it still the same. Because the computer code from what i was told it has to low or dirty but i have too much what do i do drain it all or keep taking it out from the dip stick.

Hi there, This transmission (4l60E) nominally holds 10 quarts. It is "flushed most effectively by a machine that pushes fresh fluid in at the same time old fluid is pumped out (with the engine running), and with a 12 qt "fluid exchange". The old "drop the pan and fill it back up" isn’t effective with newer transmissions. I would recommend having a Transmission Fluid Service completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to perform this maintenance task.

• Transmission fluid sensor has a higher reading than what is the actual amount